top of page

Renting is cheaper than buying

Someone wanting to buy the smallest old apartment in Bratislava needs a net salary of at least €1,500 to be able to repay a 30-year mortgage for 80% of the property value. Their own funds must cover the remaining 20%. The slower rise in rents than mortgage rates over the past year has made renting an apartment cheaper than paying off a mortgage, including utility bills. The average rent for a one-bedroom apartment including utilities outside the center is €520-600, while the mortgage payment for a €110,000 apartment is €550 plus utilities.


Commentaires


Táto správa je z Ekonomiky DNES, denného prehľadu najdôležitejších ekonomických správ zo Slovenska.

This news is from the Slovak Business News TODAY, one-page summary of all the important Slovak business news.

bottom of page